Tuesday, April 12, 2011






















I can't believe that my little Karley is now 5 years old. It still amazes me how fast time goes by. This year Karley has been into Tangled, so I decided to make her a Barbie Rapunzel cake. I was going to make the cake the day before her party but got busy doing other things and never got around to it. So the day of the family party I woke up and got myself and the kids ready for church then I started making the cake...I know I am a sinner lol! So I figured that this cake was going to be my easiest one that I have ever tried. I didn't realize at the time that the barbie was not going to fit inside the cake. I was expecting the cake to be taller than it was it only came up to her thighs. Since I was in a hurry, I just figured I would take her legs off....well the Barbies today are not made like the ones I use to have were you could pop their legs off and on again, ya thats right barbie has moved up now and has a ball and socket joint...so needless to say I could not get her legs off without ruining her and I didn't want to do that since it would upset Karley; so I decide I would make do. I ended up sticking her in with her legs all the way bent back. The cake started to break in the back so I filled it in with frosting and tried covering her legs with frosting since they were sticking out the back of the dress. I guess I learned my lesson and will make sure I have more time the next time I make one. I guess considering all of the problems I had with it and only having an hour to do it, it really didn't turn out too bad! Oh and Karley loved it so that all that really matters!

3 comments:

Robin said...

That cake turned out so great! I love it!

Todd and Angie Powell said...

Great job! The cake still looked wonderful. Cute :)

Janiel said...

Jodie you are so great at making cakes!! I love the star wars and the Tangled cake!!