Saturday, January 30, 2010
Wow.....I can't believe that Acadia is already 7 months old, it has gone by so fast! It has been so fun being her mom. She is the best little thing ever! I really lucked out to have such a sweet spirited baby. She brings so much joy into my life that I don't know what I do without her. I could be having a horrible day and just her sweet smile will make me happy....it is very contagious! Here are some things that she is doing now.
1. Every morning she wakes us up by singing at the top of her lungs....it is hilarious! She will do this forever in-between breaths then she will gasp for air and go back at it. I still need to get a video of her doing it.
2. She loves loves to eat!! She gets so excited when she sees me getting baby food out. She prefers veggies over fruit. When I am feeding her she growls in excitement in-between eat bite and is kicking her legs like crazy. She also has to stick her hand in her mouth and suck on her fingers after every bite.
3. Is now sitting up on her own, but I still put her boppy pillow behind her just in case she looses her balance.
4. Loves to play with paper and when it starts to fall apart and I have to take it away from her and she will throw a huge fit...it's funny!
5. Has mastered putting her pacifier in and out of her mouth.
6. Will start to fuss if she sees me leave the room.
7. Loves to suck on her feet.
8. She loves baths.
9. When she is tired she will go right to sleep if she has her pacifier and a soft blanket by her face.
10. Loves drinking water from a sippy cup.
11. She still doesn't have any teeth....good thing since I am nursing her.
12. If you make eye contact with her she will smile at you.
13. Loves to play hide and seek and will giggle the whole time.
14. Loves to jump in the jumper.
15. Is very content with sitting and because of this she has only rolled over once from her belly to her back.
16. When she starts to get hungry she will start attacking my face trying to eat me.
So I made some more pottery the other day....for some reason it was a lot harder this time. I want to say it was because the clay was firmer than last time, but maybe it is just because I am retarded...lol! Oh well it was still fun and I am learning so I guess that is all that matters right?
Thursday, January 28, 2010
ok guys, I made some peanut butter bars today that are to die for! Here is the recipe:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
cream together butter,sugar,brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Stir together: baking soda, salt, flour and oatmeal. Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Spread in 9x13 cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes then spread 1 cup peanut butter on top. Finishing cooling then spread with chocolate frosting.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
The other day I let Dax feed Acadia for the first time....not a good idea! All he ended up doing was making a huge mess, and poor Acadia ended up having green beans all over her sweet little face. I kept telling Dax that he need to get the excess off of her mouth with the spoon, and when I watched him for a minute he was trying to scrap it off of her cheek and poked her in the eye. I said to him, "Thank you for your help, but mommy will do it now". I think from now on I'll spare Acadia and just do it myself!:)
Friday, January 15, 2010
Today I learn how to do pottery from Mark, who is one of my neighbors. It is definitely a lot harder then it looks, but regardless of how challenging it was I actually did really well....I am hooked!!! Next Monday I am going to do some more and I can't wait!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Last night Emilee and I took Robin out for her birthday. We went to an Indian restaurant in Bountiful. It was my first time ever having Indian food and I really liked it. After dinner we took Robin to Cold stone for ice cream. We had a lot of fun hanging out and reminiscing about good old times. Robin if you read this thanks for being such an amazing person, friend and listener. I love how I can talk to you and Em about anything. I hope that you and Em had as much fun as I did.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
New Years day we went with Nick’s family ice skating at the Galavin center. The kids really enjoyed it. At first they weren't very good at it, but by the end of the night they were doing so well. Nicks mom and I was going to rotate holding Acadia, but then she fell asleep in my arms and Nicks mom had to leave to take his brother Ryan to get stitches...poor guy! Anyways, so I didn't get to skate much because of that, but as long as the kids had fun than that is really all that matters. Oh and sorry the photos aren't the best, my camera setting were all messed up and I didn't know how to fix it...I guess it's time to read the owners manual.
Friday, January 1, 2010
Josh lying on the ground after getting the wind knock out of him.
Yesterday my family and I took the kids tubing. They had a lot of fun! I was surprised at how well Dax did by himself. He had no problem going down the hill alone. Being a mother is hard sometimes; I was so worried about them the whole entire time! Nick on the other hand thinks that I am crazy. He made the comment that I should just put them in bubble wrap because I worry so much. I think I had a good reason to worry, the hill was very steep and had lots of jumps; but it didn’t seem to worry Nick one bit. He had no problem sending Karley down over a jump by herself...I was so mad at him for doing that, and poor little Karley was scared to death afterwards. I guess in the end it is just a mother thing....it's our job to be the ones worrying constantly about our children.