Sunday, June 21, 2009

She's here!!!

Baby Bloxham
6 LBS. 7 OZ.
19 IN
June 17th 2009
1:39 pm.

Getting ready for the C-section

We still haven't named our baby, but we are working on it so hopefully we will know shortly. The C-section went well, quite a different experience. I am sore, but I am doing pretty good. I only had to stay two days in the hospital so that was nice. The baby is also doing really well, she is such a good baby and I couldn't have asked for anything more. She does have a little problem with her hip from being breached, so I have to take her to a specialist at Primary Children's, but they say that is quite normal and it will usually correct itself. I will keep you all up to date with everything, I will also post some more pictures soon.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Well everyone I decided not to try and turn the baby. I had a blessing last week and I had a strong feeling not to. I also talked it over with my doctor and had asked him what he would do if it was his wife. He said that he would do a c-section because there is usually a reason why they are that way. I went in to the doctor today and the baby is sideways face out and still breached. So I will be going into the hospital tomorrow and will be having a c-section at 1:30 pm. I am a little nervous beings I have never had surgery before, but I am confident that I am making the right decision for my baby. I will try to keep you all up to date on everything. Thanks for all of your support.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Baby update

I went to the doctor last night, and for those of you who don't know my baby has been breached. I am only two weeks away from her due date, so I have been praying that she has turned. Anyways, when my doctor walked in he asked me if I had thought she had turned and I said, "that I honestly didn't know." After feeling my belly he was almost sure that she hadn't, to confirm this he did and ultrasound and sure enough he was right. He told me that he would give her one more week to turn and if she hasn't by my next appointment he would schedule a procedure at the hospital where he will try and get the baby to turn. I am really nervous about this, because it is extremely painful and if at anytime the baby's heart rate drops to low or if it is causing me too much pain he will have to stop so that it doesn't rupture my uterus or hurt the baby. My only option then is to have a c-section which would totally suck, because I had such easy deliveries with my last two. At this point I think my best chance of her turning is by prayer, so please keep me and my baby in your thoughts and prayers.