Friday, June 5, 2009

Baby update

I went to the doctor last night, and for those of you who don't know my baby has been breached. I am only two weeks away from her due date, so I have been praying that she has turned. Anyways, when my doctor walked in he asked me if I had thought she had turned and I said, "that I honestly didn't know." After feeling my belly he was almost sure that she hadn't, to confirm this he did and ultrasound and sure enough he was right. He told me that he would give her one more week to turn and if she hasn't by my next appointment he would schedule a procedure at the hospital where he will try and get the baby to turn. I am really nervous about this, because it is extremely painful and if at anytime the baby's heart rate drops to low or if it is causing me too much pain he will have to stop so that it doesn't rupture my uterus or hurt the baby. My only option then is to have a c-section which would totally suck, because I had such easy deliveries with my last two. At this point I think my best chance of her turning is by prayer, so please keep me and my baby in your thoughts and prayers.

9 comments:

Keith, Heather and Carsen said...

Good luck with the breech thing! My sister had to have her first c-section because the baby was breech...She says it's not as bad a you would think! I'll be praying for ya though. I hope everything goes well and we get to see this cute baby soon!

Kari said...

I pray everything will be okay!

Amber said...

Oh I can't believe you're that close to delivering! How exciting! I'll pray that everything goes well for you. Can't wait to see pictures of that new baby girl!

Anonymous said...

We will keep you guys in our prayers! love ya

Ashley Rv said...

Good Luck Jodie! You and your family will definately be kept in our prayers as well! Hopefully the little cutie will turn for ya!

Robin said...

Good luck and try the headphone thing I told you about, it worked for me and a friend, so it's worth a try! Can't wait for your baby to finally be here! Love ya!

Sharida said...

Wow! I just relived my thoughts when I was preggers with Makenna. Exact same situation and yes, I was scared to death of a c-section so I chose to endure the pain of this..."attempt". I let them try 3 times but she didn't budge and I was bruised enough so we stopped. The doctor had told me that usually there is a reason they don't flip...if she was going to flip when they tried to manually she'd do it with not a lot of pressure but she didn't so I figured there was a good reason and at least felt better about the having the c-section because I at least tried. BTW - c-sections are a cinch! I don't know what I was stressing over. Anyway when they brought her out we found out that she couldn't turn because the cord was wrapped tight around her and that's what caused her herniated umbilical. So being through the exact same thing...I can tell you not to stress or worry about it! If she doesn't flip then that's okay and if you have a c-section...we'll be here to help your recovery. But don't stress sweetie!!

Karen said...

We are keeping you in our prayers! Everything will work out. Can't wait to see that cute baby!

Todd and Angie Powell said...

I hope all goes well! No matter what happens we will pray that your both alright :)