Sunday, July 5, 2009

Acadia Marie Bloxham







After having her here for 8 days we finally named her. It was my turn to name this kid, but every name that I liked my husband didn't. I wanted her to have a unique, but cute name that not every kid in school would have. After having her for 7 days I still didn't have a name for her. The lady at Mckay called the night before wondering if we had named her yet, and told us that we had to have a name by the next day or her birth certificate would be sent to the social security office with the name baby Bloxham on it. I didn't want this to happen,what a pain that would be! I sat down with Nick and told him to give me a few of his favorite names. After hearing his names I told him a few of my favorites and we still couldn't decide on one. At this point I started to get frustrated, so I decided to see what my kids thought. I had them come over and I asked them out of all the names which one like best. When I got to the name Acadia they both yelled Acadia!!! They both had a nickname for her instantly, Daxton's was Kado and Karley's was Kada. I thought that it was cute and since I wanted them to feel involved I went ahead and named her that. I am a little bummed, a few days ago my little brother came up to me and said, "remember when I told you to name her after a car, well you did good, GM just came out with a car called the Acadia". Honestly what is the odds of that happening??? I am sure now that it will start to become popular!!







5 comments:

Todd and Angie Powell said...

What a cute little girl. She looks a lot like you. And that is a great story about her name and your kids.

I remember we helped name Michelle.

Hope all is going well.Congrats :)

Kari said...

She's so beautiful! And I love her name!

Janiel said...

Oh it's a cute name!! That is so funny how the kids knew it as soon as you said it :)
I'm excited to see you on sat for our girls night!!

Ashley Rv said...

very cute baby! she does looks alot like you! Congrats! love the name by the way!

the5johnsons said...

She is beautiful. Congrats. When are a coming over to make hair pretties for you girls?